FOR GEORGE CARRUTHERS



Ebony R. For George Carruthers

George Carruthers worked as a scientist that was responsible for developing a special camera. The camera was special because it was designed to study the earth’s upper atmosphere, interplanetary and interstellar space, stars, and galaxies by making observations of light in the far ultra-violet. I chose him because I think that he is interesting. We read his background and I thought, “Wow, he’s awesome!” I really like working with telescopes, especially with astronomy. Also this camera made a trip to the moon abroad Apollo 16 in 1972 and we are learning about satellites and telescopes.

My name is Ebony and I am 12 years old. I like all subjects, but my favorites are math and science, especially astronomy. When I grow up, there are so many occupations that I want to have, and one of them is an astronomer. If I become an astronomer, I hope to get the opportunity to use a telescope to learn and study facts about stars, planets, and so on. Maybe I could even use the camera like George Carruthers did, so that I could take pictures of what I see in the solar system.

No comments:

Post a Comment